Monday, March 15, 2010

Centerpiece Nightmare

Well I didn't get as much done over Spring Break as I would have liked. I attempted to do our centerpiece mock-up last Tuesday night. Boy was that fun!...NOT. If you remember,  the centerpiece that I wanted to do consisted of a  bubble bowl vase and fruit slices. I couldn't get it the way that I wanted AT ALL. I was so disappointed, and I ended up cutting my finger pretty badly during the process, so I gave up on it. So all day last Saturday, my mom and I went in search of a new vase for the centerpieces. Well we came up short until we got to my favorite store, Hobby Lobby. They didn't have any vases that I wanted, but when I went back to this 40% off section of Spring items, I found these elongated aluminum pails for sale. They're in assorted colors, but I really liked them, so my fiance spray painted a sample of one white for me, and it is absolutely perfect. So I was able to exchange all of the bubble vases that I had bought for these aluminum pails at no additional charge. We need to spray a second coat of paint on it still, otherwise I would have had a picture to show you all, but since it was wet and really cold yesterday, the paint wouldn't dry. So we will hopefully be able to try again today! At some point today, I should be able to share with you all my NEW centerpiece mock-up, as well as my painted table runner monogram that I finally finished. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've been a lurker on your blog ever since I got engaged... we are also doing galvanized pails for our wedding, along with clear mason jars. We're leaving the pails their normal tin color and filling them with moss and gerber daisies. Just an FYI, though, make sure you line the pail with plastic or something... they tend to leak around the bottom...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...